Everyone has his or her favorite favorite season for fashion. Like myself, Booth newcomer Boy/Friend prefers the springtime for the dope array of outerwear opportunities it puts at one’s disposal. This year, though, a recent breakup is preventing the buzzmaking crooner from enjoying the Leather Weather to its fullest. On new single Good 2 U, the NYC singer mourns the fact that he can’t be with the woman he loves, taking cold comfort in imagining her just as miserable over their split as he is. MNTN‘s airy, reverb-drenched synth boardwork backs the artist as he showcases his appealingly understated, conversational vocal style. On the back, the beatsmith flips thematically-appropriate samples from Johnny Gil’s late-‘90s single, There U Go, and 1992 romantic comedy Boomerang. For Good 2 U and many more quality jams, check out Boy/Friend’s latest full-length, available online as of April 30.
Written by richard on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.