After a short stint with Irv Gotti’s The Inc., R&B singer Boxie signed a record deal with Polo Grounds Music and J Records. First heard by many on Playa’s Rock with Hurricane Chris, the 19-year old is trying to become “the face of street R&B” with his new single, Turn It Up. Looking to pick up a potential chick, Boxie boasts about everything you’d expect… from a rapper. While R&B purists will cringe at the thought, Boxie displays powerful vocals and gives more effort than most self-proclaimed “street singers.” With a heavy violin-brass beat, Turn It Up might live up to its name on the radio and in the clubs, continuing Polo Grounds‘s current hit streak.
Written by Burmy on 01/23/08
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds Music/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Playa's Rock ft. Boxie" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.