Who is Shad Moss? A lot of fans are asking themselves that very question. After exploding onto the scene as a young rapper, Bow Wow has largely struggled to make the transition to adulthood, even after banishing the “Lil”. That search for a musical identity continues on Bow’s new single Ain’t Thinkin Bout You (which was, somewhat ironically, first heard on the Fan of a Fan mixtape). Topically as far from his last Booth offering For My Hood as you can get, Ain’t Thinkin is a hip-pop jam that harkens back to his teen heartthrob days as producer Kevin McCall lays down a light synth backdrop for Bow to drop some well delivered though not exactly original rhymes about the thousands of women he’s forced to fend off. Speaking of former teen heartthrobs attempting to resurrect their careers, the suddenly resurgent Chris Brown also jumps on the record, providing a sugary sweet but not particularly substantial hook, resulting in a single that won’t rewrite the music history books, but may gain some traction on radio, and in turn secure Bow a release date for his upcoming album Who is Shad Moss?
Written by Nathan S. on 10/25/10
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.