Last night at a bar I noticed an interesting phenomenon. A handful of women literally went from serious discussion to stanky-legging in 0.4 seconds once their “jam” played came on the speakers. It’s as if they were hypnotized, and today Bow Wow is here to deliver what he hopes will become the next mandatory dance track in the form of Sweat. Produced by Detail, the man behind Lil’ Wayne’s super hit How To Love, the song features a funky and synth-heavy track over which Bow Wow describes his desires to the female listener, desires that mostly include
intellectually stimulating conversations
watching her booty pop. Sweat is Bow Wow’s first official single since being signed to Cash Money, so it’s only fitting that Lil’ Wayne makes a feature appearance with his trademark radio-oriented guest 16. If it sounds like Bow just handed in your new favorite dance jam you’ll want to keep an eye out for his upcoming album, Underrated, tentatively scheduled for release on December 6.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 10/16/11
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.