It’s been over a year since we last heard a solo feature from Bow Wow (2009’s You Can Get It All), and in that time his biggest publicity has come from an at least tangential connection to some Kat Stacks craziness (never a good thing). Today Bow is here to put all that behind him and finally get back to making music with the release of his new single For My Hood, featuring a hook from Sean Kingston and some assorted yelling from DJ Khaled (surprise). Sonically, Hood rides along on a lightly brassed, bouncingly percussive beat courtesy of Julkeyz, which Bow uses to drop some seriously mature rhymes about his relationship with God and his efforts to help the less fortunate through the recession (seriously). It’s all a slightly odd combination, but somehow it works. So how about it Booth? Will you be putting Bow’s latest on your iPod? Fans should expect much more music now that the recent Cash Money/Universal Motown signee is gearing up to drop his new album Who Is Shad Moss?, slated to hopefully drop sometime this year.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/9/10
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That ft. Young Capone & Cocaine J" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.