It’s been over a year since we last heard a solo feature from Bow Wow (2009’s You Can Get It All), and in that time his biggest publicity has come from an at least tangential connection to some Kat Stacks craziness (never a good thing). Today Bow is here to put all that behind him and finally get back to making music with the release of his new single For My Hood, featuring a hook from Sean Kingston and some assorted yelling from DJ Khaled (surprise). Sonically, Hood rides along on a lightly brassed, bouncingly percussive beat courtesy of Julkeyz, which Bow uses to drop some seriously mature rhymes about his relationship with God and his efforts to help the less fortunate through the recession (seriously). It’s all a slightly odd combination, but somehow it works. So how about it Booth? Will you be putting Bow’s latest on your iPod? Fans should expect much more music now that the recent Cash Money/Universal Motown signee is gearing up to drop his new album Who Is Shad Moss?, slated to hopefully drop sometime this year.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/9/10
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.