It’s been over a year since we last heard a solo feature from Bow Wow (2009’s You Can Get It All), and in that time his biggest publicity has come from an at least tangential connection to some Kat Stacks craziness (never a good thing). Today Bow is here to put all that behind him and finally get back to making music with the release of his new single For My Hood, featuring a hook from Sean Kingston and some assorted yelling from DJ Khaled (surprise). Sonically, Hood rides along on a lightly brassed, bouncingly percussive beat courtesy of Julkeyz, which Bow uses to drop some seriously mature rhymes about his relationship with God and his efforts to help the less fortunate through the recession (seriously). It’s all a slightly odd combination, but somehow it works. So how about it Booth? Will you be putting Bow’s latest on your iPod? Fans should expect much more music now that the recent Cash Money/Universal Motown signee is gearing up to drop his new album Who Is Shad Moss?, slated to hopefully drop sometime this year.
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That ft. Young Capone & Cocaine J" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.