It’s been over a year since we last heard a solo feature from Bow Wow (2009’s You Can Get It All), and in that time his biggest publicity has come from an at least tangential connection to some Kat Stacks craziness (never a good thing). Today Bow is here to put all that behind him and finally get back to making music with the release of his new single For My Hood, featuring a hook from Sean Kingston and some assorted yelling from DJ Khaled (surprise). Sonically, Hood rides along on a lightly brassed, bouncingly percussive beat courtesy of Julkeyz, which Bow uses to drop some seriously mature rhymes about his relationship with God and his efforts to help the less fortunate through the recession (seriously). It’s all a slightly odd combination, but somehow it works. So how about it Booth? Will you be putting Bow’s latest on your iPod? Fans should expect much more music now that the recent Cash Money/Universal Motown signee is gearing up to drop his new album Who Is Shad Moss?, slated to hopefully drop sometime this year.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/9/10
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.