I don’t think it’d be controversial to say that Shad Moss has struggled to make the transition from Lil Bow Wow to Bow Wow, from teen sensation to grown man emcee. I won’t lie and tell you I knew this day would come, but at least on his new mixtape leak Heaven it feels like Bow’s finally made the leap. That beat by Sultan plays no small part in the track’s success, if you don’t nod your head to this your spine must be fused together, but it’s not just the snapping percussion and horns that makes Heaven move. No, Bow more than manages to rip the mic, flowing slow and steady while touching on topics as diverse as the price of fame and police brutality: So how about it Booth Nation, is Heaven helping change your mind about Bow (assuming you weren’t already a devoted fan)? Whatever your specific feelings, I’ve got a feeling a few more people will be checking for both Bow’s new mixtape, I’m Better Than You, due to drop at midnight tonight (9/27) and his Cash Money debut album, due to drop circa 2012.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/27/11
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.