There is only one politically-minded rapper who is currently touring the United States on a voter registration initiative. Incredibly, that rapper is Bow Wow. Gearing up to vote in his first election (he was 17 when John Kerry flip-flopped his way out of the running), Bow to the Wow will conclude his fifteen city trek on the 15th of October, just in time to begin promoting his forthcoming solo effort, New Jack City, Pt. II. Following up his Soulja Boy-assisted flop of a single, Marco Polo, the multi-talented entertainer and guest artist Yung Joc admit that they are looking for the Big Girls. The two are assisted with musical accompaniment from Connecticut-based producer Raj, whose work sounds similar to more recent Swizz Beatz-helmed productions. New Jack City, Pt. II is currently scheduled for release on December 16, courtesy of Columbia Records.
Written by DJ Z on 10/9/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.