Soulja Boy wants his 15 minutes of fame back. After becoming a mainstay in everything from clubs to frat parties in the fall of ’07 with Crank Dat, the Atlanta ringtone rapper quickly dropped off the face of the Earth. He has now turned to Bow Wow for work, in the hope that collaborating with an established artist can make him relevant again. The two unite on Bow Wow’s potential new single, Marco Polo. Soulja Boy handles the production and spits a quick verse, while Bow Wow takes over most of the rapping. Surprisingly, Soulja Boy is actually the star of the track, outshining Bow Wow with his dominating persona and his (gulp) lyrics. Could he actually be here to stay? The track will appear on Bow Wow’s upcoming album, H.I.M. (History In The Making).
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That ft. Young Capone & Cocaine J" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.