Soulja Boy wants his 15 minutes of fame back. After becoming a mainstay in everything from clubs to frat parties in the fall of ’07 with Crank Dat, the Atlanta ringtone rapper quickly dropped off the face of the Earth. He has now turned to Bow Wow for work, in the hope that collaborating with an established artist can make him relevant again. The two unite on Bow Wow’s potential new single, Marco Polo. Soulja Boy handles the production and spits a quick verse, while Bow Wow takes over most of the rapping. Surprisingly, Soulja Boy is actually the star of the track, outshining Bow Wow with his dominating persona and his (gulp) lyrics. Could he actually be here to stay? The track will appear on Bow Wow’s upcoming album, H.I.M. (History In The Making).
Written by Charlie E. on 07/2/08
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That ft. Young Capone & Cocaine J" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)