Soulja Boy wants his 15 minutes of fame back. After becoming a mainstay in everything from clubs to frat parties in the fall of ’07 with Crank Dat, the Atlanta ringtone rapper quickly dropped off the face of the Earth. He has now turned to Bow Wow for work, in the hope that collaborating with an established artist can make him relevant again. The two unite on Bow Wow’s potential new single, Marco Polo. Soulja Boy handles the production and spits a quick verse, while Bow Wow takes over most of the rapping. Surprisingly, Soulja Boy is actually the star of the track, outshining Bow Wow with his dominating persona and his (gulp) lyrics. Could he actually be here to stay? The track will appear on Bow Wow’s upcoming album, H.I.M. (History In The Making).
Written by Charlie E. on 07/2/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.