Soulja Boy wants his 15 minutes of fame back. After becoming a mainstay in everything from clubs to frat parties in the fall of ’07 with Crank Dat, the Atlanta ringtone rapper quickly dropped off the face of the Earth. He has now turned to Bow Wow for work, in the hope that collaborating with an established artist can make him relevant again. The two unite on Bow Wow’s potential new single, Marco Polo. Soulja Boy handles the production and spits a quick verse, while Bow Wow takes over most of the rapping. Surprisingly, Soulja Boy is actually the star of the track, outshining Bow Wow with his dominating persona and his (gulp) lyrics. Could he actually be here to stay? The track will appear on Bow Wow’s upcoming album, H.I.M. (History In The Making).
Written by Charlie E. on 07/2/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Know About That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.