Although the West Coast established its classic sound on a G-funk tip, most of the original big names have moved away from their old-school sound. Some underground locals, howver, are keeping that sound alive; enter newcomer Bossolo and his new single Have A Drink On Me. Although some liquor friendly rhymes are nothing new in hip-hop, Bossolo’s flow will remind you of several WC legends, and A-Clasik‘s production will definitely have you thinking back to Dre & Snoop‘s Nuthin’ But a G Thang. For more old-school sounds with new-school appeal, Bossolo’s Wes Rydin’ hits stores May 20.
Written by Burmy on 03/20/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)