Although the West Coast established its classic sound on a G-funk tip, most of the original big names have moved away from their old-school sound. Some underground locals, howver, are keeping that sound alive; enter newcomer Bossolo and his new single Have A Drink On Me. Although some liquor friendly rhymes are nothing new in hip-hop, Bossolo’s flow will remind you of several WC legends, and A-Clasik‘s production will definitely have you thinking back to Dre & Snoop‘s Nuthin’ But a G Thang. For more old-school sounds with new-school appeal, Bossolo’s Wes Rydin’ hits stores May 20.
Written by Burmy on 03/20/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.