Although the West Coast established its classic sound on a G-funk tip, most of the original big names have moved away from their old-school sound. Some underground locals, howver, are keeping that sound alive; enter newcomer Bossolo and his new single Have A Drink On Me. Although some liquor friendly rhymes are nothing new in hip-hop, Bossolo’s flow will remind you of several WC legends, and A-Clasik‘s production will definitely have you thinking back to Dre & Snoop‘s Nuthin’ But a G Thang. For more old-school sounds with new-school appeal, Bossolo’s Wes Rydin’ hits stores May 20.
Written by Burmy on 03/20/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.