Missing from the Booth’s rotation for a while, listener favorite Bossman is back! Now signed to MySpace/Interscope and preparing to drop debut album The Re-Up, the Baltimore native is going Off the Record for Part 2 of his ‘04 underground hit. After addressing his problems with former boss Jermaine Dupri (Bossman could see the failure of Island Urban Music coming from two states away), he proceeds to air his every grievance with the game; over the course of the record, he demands respect for MJ, admits he’s not a fan of Jay-Z‘s D.O.A., suggests Drake ghostwrite for his boss, blasts the industry double standard that gets Chris Brown blacklisted while R. Kelly is let off easy, and explains why he’s no longer concerned about getting played anywhere. Backed by a Rich Nieze-produced beat featuring a sample from Pac‘s role in Juice, this track may be a little too contentious for mainstream radio, but it’s sure to earn heavy rotation from the many DJs who frequent this site.
Listen to More: Bossman
Written by Burmy on 07/15/09
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)