Missing from the Booth’s rotation for a while, listener favorite Bossman is back! Now signed to MySpace/Interscope and preparing to drop debut album The Re-Up, the Baltimore native is going Off the Record for Part 2 of his ‘04 underground hit. After addressing his problems with former boss Jermaine Dupri (Bossman could see the failure of Island Urban Music coming from two states away), he proceeds to air his every grievance with the game; over the course of the record, he demands respect for MJ, admits he’s not a fan of Jay-Z‘s D.O.A., suggests Drake ghostwrite for his boss, blasts the industry double standard that gets Chris Brown blacklisted while R. Kelly is let off easy, and explains why he’s no longer concerned about getting played anywhere. Backed by a Rich Nieze-produced beat featuring a sample from Pac‘s role in Juice, this track may be a little too contentious for mainstream radio, but it’s sure to earn heavy rotation from the many DJs who frequent this site.
Listen to More: Bossman Written by Burmy
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.