To keep it one-hundred, I’m not a big believer in conspiracy theories; I think they’re just stories people tell to distract themselves from the terrifying possibility that nobody‘s behind the wheel. And no, I’m not just saying that because I’m secretly a Reptilian, controlling your mind through neurolinguistic programming embedded in DJBooth track reviews. In any case, that doesn’t make secret societies and outlandish schemes any less fun to speculate about, as Bossman does in new mixtape leak Illuminati. Over the Carmina Burana esque choral boardwork of Claws, the DMV representative weaves a lyrical web tying together God, Satan, the Internet, cocaine, Kanye and Amber Rose, Tupac‘s murder… and that’s just verse one. He concludes the cut with some practical advice for his listeners: “Live your life, religion is just a mind game.” As fresh as it is paranoia-drenched, Illuminati is just one of many fresh cuts set for inclusion on Who The F*ck Is Bossman?, due out February 24.
Written by richard on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.