Since the DJBooth debut of Bossman’s When Will It Be Over (Far Too Long), the rapper has had quite an eventful and (considering the title) ironic past three months; after getting left behind at Virgin (So So Def moved to Def Jam), the Charm City King was dropped by his label, courted by Sony Urban (only to witness the label dissolve into its parent companies) and now finally has a deal on the table with Koch. Ready to capitalize on his city’s infamy as the Home of the Wire, Bossman enhances the program’s realness by describing the harsh realities of the Ghetto on his new single. Over a beat from the One Up Production team, Bossman is joined by Scola of Dru Hill, who, gets his voice-box on; let’s just say T-Pain would be proud.
Written by Burmy on 03/24/08
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.