Last seen in the Booth with prelude mixtape Block Work (still available for streaming and free download!), Bossman took a little longer to drop his latest full-length than he’d predicted… but, hey, why live in the past? The DMV native certainly doesn’t – on this newly-released single, he espouses a life philosophy that’s all about living in the present: “2Morrow ain’t promised, but today ain’t over.” Backed by an organ-brass instrumental (courtesy of the Inside Men) that practically drips with determination, the emcee fills us in on just how big he’s been doing it, contrasting his own unrelenting hustle with the helplessness of many of his peers: “Shoot yourself, seduce yourself, ‘cause n*ggas would rather f*ck theyself than help theyself…” This cut’s grind-happy theme isn’t new one, but it’s crystal clear that Bossman’s been putting in work. If you like what you’re hearing, don’t procrastinate; pick up your own copy of The Re-Up
today. Released June 15, the LP is available now in stores and online!
Written by richard on 07/1/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.