Last seen in the Booth with prelude mixtape Block Work (still available for streaming and free download!), Bossman took a little longer to drop his latest full-length than he’d predicted… but, hey, why live in the past? The DMV native certainly doesn’t – on this newly-released single, he espouses a life philosophy that’s all about living in the present: “2Morrow ain’t promised, but today ain’t over.” Backed by an organ-brass instrumental (courtesy of the Inside Men) that practically drips with determination, the emcee fills us in on just how big he’s been doing it, contrasting his own unrelenting hustle with the helplessness of many of his peers: “Shoot yourself, seduce yourself, ‘cause n*ggas would rather f*ck theyself than help theyself…” This cut’s grind-happy theme isn’t new one, but it’s crystal clear that Bossman’s been putting in work. If you like what you’re hearing, don’t procrastinate; pick up your own copy of The Re-Up
today. Released June 15, the LP is available now in stores and online!
Written by richard on 07/1/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.