MURS’ Everything was a solid record, to be sure—in fact, it was chosen by Nathan S., as one of MURS for President‘s standout tracks—but it’s not exactly fierce-sounding. If you thought the reflective, James Blunt-sampling cut needed a little more bite, Egon and Negatron of ferociously-named production duo Bossosaurus have got you covered. Originally submitted to Loud.com‘s Everything Is Presidential remix contest but never used, this revamp rounds out today’s trifecta of world premieres (see also Matchstik‘s Give Back and Jarren Benton‘s take on Chonky Fire). Backing MURS’ rhymes with a banging mix of buzzsaw synth-bass, hard-hitting percussion, and pounding piano chords, the Oakland duo set a tone drastically different from that of the original, and, well, it totally works—the rapper’s raw emotion now comes off as righteous anger, and his formerly tearjerking final lines hit home with fist-pumping force. This record is slated for inclusion on a currently-untitled remix mixtape; keep it locked to the Booth for further details!
Written by richard on 05/6/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.