MURS’ Everything was a solid record, to be sure—in fact, it was chosen by Nathan S., as one of MURS for President‘s standout tracks—but it’s not exactly fierce-sounding. If you thought the reflective, James Blunt-sampling cut needed a little more bite, Egon and Negatron of ferociously-named production duo Bossosaurus have got you covered. Originally submitted to Loud.com‘s Everything Is Presidential remix contest but never used, this revamp rounds out today’s trifecta of world premieres (see also Matchstik‘s Give Back and Jarren Benton‘s take on Chonky Fire). Backing MURS’ rhymes with a banging mix of buzzsaw synth-bass, hard-hitting percussion, and pounding piano chords, the Oakland duo set a tone drastically different from that of the original, and, well, it totally works—the rapper’s raw emotion now comes off as righteous anger, and his formerly tearjerking final lines hit home with fist-pumping force. This record is slated for inclusion on a currently-untitled remix mixtape; keep it locked to the Booth for further details!
Written by richard on 05/6/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.