MURS’ Everything was a solid record, to be sure—in fact, it was chosen by Nathan S., as one of MURS for President‘s standout tracks—but it’s not exactly fierce-sounding. If you thought the reflective, James Blunt-sampling cut needed a little more bite, Egon and Negatron of ferociously-named production duo Bossosaurus have got you covered. Originally submitted to Loud.com‘s Everything Is Presidential remix contest but never used, this revamp rounds out today’s trifecta of world premieres (see also Matchstik‘s Give Back and Jarren Benton‘s take on Chonky Fire). Backing MURS’ rhymes with a banging mix of buzzsaw synth-bass, hard-hitting percussion, and pounding piano chords, the Oakland duo set a tone drastically different from that of the original, and, well, it totally works—the rapper’s raw emotion now comes off as righteous anger, and his formerly tearjerking final lines hit home with fist-pumping force. This record is slated for inclusion on a currently-untitled remix mixtape; keep it locked to the Booth for further details!
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.