MURS’ Everything was a solid record, to be sure—in fact, it was chosen by Nathan S., as one of MURS for President‘s standout tracks—but it’s not exactly fierce-sounding. If you thought the reflective, James Blunt-sampling cut needed a little more bite, Egon and Negatron of ferociously-named production duo Bossosaurus have got you covered. Originally submitted to Loud.com‘s Everything Is Presidential remix contest but never used, this revamp rounds out today’s trifecta of world premieres (see also Matchstik‘s Give Back and Jarren Benton‘s take on Chonky Fire). Backing MURS’ rhymes with a banging mix of buzzsaw synth-bass, hard-hitting percussion, and pounding piano chords, the Oakland duo set a tone drastically different from that of the original, and, well, it totally works—the rapper’s raw emotion now comes off as righteous anger, and his formerly tearjerking final lines hit home with fist-pumping force. This record is slated for inclusion on a currently-untitled remix mixtape; keep it locked to the Booth for further details!
Written by richard on 05/6/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.