MURS’ Everything was a solid record, to be sure—in fact, it was chosen by Nathan S., as one of MURS for President‘s standout tracks—but it’s not exactly fierce-sounding. If you thought the reflective, James Blunt-sampling cut needed a little more bite, Egon and Negatron of ferociously-named production duo Bossosaurus have got you covered. Originally submitted to Loud.com‘s Everything Is Presidential remix contest but never used, this revamp rounds out today’s trifecta of world premieres (see also Matchstik‘s Give Back and Jarren Benton‘s take on Chonky Fire). Backing MURS’ rhymes with a banging mix of buzzsaw synth-bass, hard-hitting percussion, and pounding piano chords, the Oakland duo set a tone drastically different from that of the original, and, well, it totally works—the rapper’s raw emotion now comes off as righteous anger, and his formerly tearjerking final lines hit home with fist-pumping force. This record is slated for inclusion on a currently-untitled remix mixtape; keep it locked to the Booth for further details!
Written by richard on 05/6/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)