An unsigned singer/songwriter reppping Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Boss Miller introduces Boothgoers to his distinctive brand of R&B via newly-released album standout So Far From Home. Packed with hazy, reverberant synths, wobbling synth-bass and skittering hi-hats, Dweezy James‘s instrumental backdrop is informed by many of the prevailing trends in pop music, but Miller’s taste for vibrant melody sets him apart from many of his peers. His crooned verses and chorus, addressed to an estanged lover, are sure to keep running through the listener’s head long after the song is over. Has Home piqued your appetite for more? Then click here to cop Boss Miller’s Don’t Stand Still LP, available online as of February 18.
Written by richard on 02/26/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.