An unsigned singer/songwriter reppping Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Boss Miller introduces Boothgoers to his distinctive brand of R&B via newly-released album standout So Far From Home. Packed with hazy, reverberant synths, wobbling synth-bass and skittering hi-hats, Dweezy James‘s instrumental backdrop is informed by many of the prevailing trends in pop music, but Miller’s taste for vibrant melody sets him apart from many of his peers. His crooned verses and chorus, addressed to an estanged lover, are sure to keep running through the listener’s head long after the song is over. Has Home piqued your appetite for more? Then click here to cop Boss Miller’s Don’t Stand Still LP, available online as of February 18.
Written by richard on 02/26/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.