Between ostentatious comparisons (to god, MLK…you name it) and crazy nicknames, rapper have always had an…um…“interesting” sense of reality. Booth newcomer Boris and his guest Kembe X happen to fall into this category. On Boris’ latest single, a DJBooth world premiere, the pair deem themselves Civilized Animals, but the way they ransack the beat is anything but civilized. Producer Relta‘s staggered, swirling beat doesn’t stand a chance when Boris gets a hold if it. It’s not so much that both flow in an aggressive and high-octane manner, but their grimy, raw feel simply devours the beat; like a lion slowly stalking and then chowing down on a helpless gazelle. If Civilized Animals struck a chord with you, be sure to keep Boris’ upcoming EP, WWW, on your radar.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/5/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.