Between ostentatious comparisons (to god, MLK…you name it) and crazy nicknames, rapper have always had an…um…“interesting” sense of reality. Booth newcomer Boris and his guest Kembe X happen to fall into this category. On Boris’ latest single, a DJBooth world premiere, the pair deem themselves Civilized Animals, but the way they ransack the beat is anything but civilized. Producer Relta‘s staggered, swirling beat doesn’t stand a chance when Boris gets a hold if it. It’s not so much that both flow in an aggressive and high-octane manner, but their grimy, raw feel simply devours the beat; like a lion slowly stalking and then chowing down on a helpless gazelle. If Civilized Animals struck a chord with you, be sure to keep Boris’ upcoming EP, WWW, on your radar.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/5/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.