Substantial‘s musical track record may be impeccable, but in his personal life, the Bop Alloy frontman stumbles just like the rest of us. On Write My Wrongs, his latest joint single with Marcus D, the Virginia-based emcee turns the recording booth into a confessional, publicly putting himself on blast for the wrongs he’s committed over the years. As he begs the pardon of “everyone [he] hurt, whether it was unplanned or on purpose,” his behind-the-boards partner serves up a jazzy, whip-ready beat. Seattle spitter Justis gets a few things off his own chest on the middle verse. The hook sees DJ Jav applying his turntable skills to a line from Kendrick Lamar‘s Poetic Justice. On the back, we get a sneak peek at Tokyo Improv, an instrumental interlude co-starring Kenichiro Nishihara. Featuring this cut, this reader-approved Count on Us and much more, Another Day in the Life Of… is scheduled to drop digitally April 8, at which point it will also be available for free streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 03/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.