Substantial‘s musical track record may be impeccable, but in his personal life, the Bop Alloy frontman stumbles just like the rest of us. On Write My Wrongs, his latest joint single with Marcus D, the Virginia-based emcee turns the recording booth into a confessional, publicly putting himself on blast for the wrongs he’s committed over the years. As he begs the pardon of “everyone [he] hurt, whether it was unplanned or on purpose,” his behind-the-boards partner serves up a jazzy, whip-ready beat. Seattle spitter Justis gets a few things off his own chest on the middle verse. The hook sees DJ Jav applying his turntable skills to a line from Kendrick Lamar‘s Poetic Justice. On the back, we get a sneak peek at Tokyo Improv, an instrumental interlude co-starring Kenichiro Nishihara. Featuring this cut, this reader-approved Count on Us and much more, Another Day in the Life Of… is scheduled to drop digitally April 8, at which point it will also be available for free streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 03/30/14
Baltimore emcee Substantial and beatsmith Marcus D, together known as Bop Alloy, have released their sophomore collaborative full-length, Another Day in the Life Of... The project finds Substantial exploring a variety of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)