Substantial‘s musical track record may be impeccable, but in his personal life, the Bop Alloy frontman stumbles just like the rest of us. On Write My Wrongs, his latest joint single with Marcus D, the Virginia-based emcee turns the recording booth into a confessional, publicly putting himself on blast for the wrongs he’s committed over the years. As he begs the pardon of “everyone [he] hurt, whether it was unplanned or on purpose,” his behind-the-boards partner serves up a jazzy, whip-ready beat. Seattle spitter Justis gets a few things off his own chest on the middle verse. The hook sees DJ Jav applying his turntable skills to a line from Kendrick Lamar‘s Poetic Justice. On the back, we get a sneak peek at Tokyo Improv, an instrumental interlude co-starring Kenichiro Nishihara. Featuring this cut, this reader-approved Count on Us and much more, Another Day in the Life Of… is scheduled to drop digitally April 8, at which point it will also be available for free streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 03/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.