While touring the U.S. this past spring, emcee Substantial and beatsmith Marcus D. managed to step into the studio together for the first time since releasing Another Day in the Life Of…, their sophomore album under the Bop Alloy banner. The result, making its world premiere on our front page, is a brand new freestyle titled Waiting Room. Behind the boards, Marcus creates an atmosphere that’s “part pimp, part doctor’s office waiting room circa early-‘70s.” Sub adapts his flow to the laid-back instrumental, reeling off agile, intricate bars without breaking a sweat. Waiting Room isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on the underground twosome’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.