While touring the U.S. this past spring, emcee Substantial and beatsmith Marcus D. managed to step into the studio together for the first time since releasing Another Day in the Life Of…, their sophomore album under the Bop Alloy banner. The result, making its world premiere on our front page, is a brand new freestyle titled Waiting Room. Behind the boards, Marcus creates an atmosphere that’s “part pimp, part doctor’s office waiting room circa early-‘70s.” Sub adapts his flow to the laid-back instrumental, reeling off agile, intricate bars without breaking a sweat. Waiting Room isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on the underground twosome’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.