You may have heard of the Beyoncé album that ambushed the internet on December 13, 2013. What you may not have known is that a mysterious Roc Nation artist, BOOTS, helped to produce and pen a majority of that LP. Moving out of the shadows and into the spotlight, the former member of the band Blonds has released a new solo single titled Dreams, which just so happens to feature none other than Queen B. The self-produced record flows in the same vein of his hybrid sound of experimental and classical R&B, a good indication of the direction that his work is headed in on his upcoming project, WinterSpringSummerFall. If you decide to buy the single, the profits from your purchase will go to Day One, an organization that helps to prevent teen dating violence. All things considered, not a bad first feature for BOOTS at the Booth.
Written by Bryan H on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.