You may have heard of the Beyoncé album that ambushed the internet on December 13, 2013. What you may not have known is that a mysterious Roc Nation artist, BOOTS, helped to produce and pen a majority of that LP. Moving out of the shadows and into the spotlight, the former member of the band Blonds has released a new solo single titled Dreams, which just so happens to feature none other than Queen B. The self-produced record flows in the same vein of his hybrid sound of experimental and classical R&B, a good indication of the direction that his work is headed in on his upcoming project, WinterSpringSummerFall. If you decide to buy the single, the profits from your purchase will go to Day One, an organization that helps to prevent teen dating violence. All things considered, not a bad first feature for BOOTS at the Booth.
Written by Bryan H on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.