Booker T. Jones may be new to our pages but, as a legendary Stax Records session musician and the man who (with the help of his M.G.‘s) brought us such classics as Green Onions, he really needs no introduction. Which means that last sentence was completely superfluous—my bad. On Sound the Alarm, the second single and title track off his forthcoming solo set, the headliner’s bluesy guitar riffs, fingersnap-laced percussion and (of course) legendary Hammond organ back smooth, yet fiery verses from young soul star Mayer Hawthone. Booker T.‘s next album, featuring appearances by Anthony Hamilton, Estelle, Sheila E. and many more notable artists, has yet to receive a solid drop date from the label brass. While you wait for further details, why not take a listen to Hawthone’s latest effort, Her Favorite Song?
Written by richard on 05/24/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.