Booker T. Jones may be new to our pages but, as a legendary Stax Records session musician and the man who (with the help of his M.G.‘s) brought us such classics as Green Onions, he really needs no introduction. Which means that last sentence was completely superfluous—my bad. On Sound the Alarm, the second single and title track off his forthcoming solo set, the headliner’s bluesy guitar riffs, fingersnap-laced percussion and (of course) legendary Hammond organ back smooth, yet fiery verses from young soul star Mayer Hawthone. Booker T.‘s next album, featuring appearances by Anthony Hamilton, Estelle, Sheila E. and many more notable artists, has yet to receive a solid drop date from the label brass. While you wait for further details, why not take a listen to Hawthone’s latest effort, Her Favorite Song?
Written by richard on 05/24/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.