No longer quite as full of good cheer as he was on his last Booth feature, recent reader favorite BOOGNIGHTS spends this standout cut off hip-hop blog Everything is Outrageous’ new compilation mixtape echoing a sentiment expressed by countless artists before him: Show Business just ain’t what it’s cracked up to be. Over Pajozo‘s lushly-sampled piano-synth-bell production, the Spring Hill emcee reflects on all the ways the rap game’s fallen short of his childhood dreams. K. Sparks can relate – in addition to handling the hook, he steps into the spotlight to spit verse two, making his point with the help of a few colorful metaphors: “This industry is full of sh*t like a toilet stall…” Despite the downbeat theme, the white-hot rhymes both emcees bring to the table make for one Outrageously dope collaborative cut. Those who like what they’re hearing can find this pensive jam, along with contributions from the Booth-approved likes of QuESt, ADD-2 and TreaZon (to name a few) on IAMASHLEYOUTRAGEOUS.com Presents: The Playlist (Vol. 1), available now online.
Written by richard on 02/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Time (Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.