No longer quite as full of good cheer as he was on his last Booth feature, recent reader favorite BOOGNIGHTS spends this standout cut off hip-hop blog Everything is Outrageous’ new compilation mixtape echoing a sentiment expressed by countless artists before him: Show Business just ain’t what it’s cracked up to be. Over Pajozo‘s lushly-sampled piano-synth-bell production, the Spring Hill emcee reflects on all the ways the rap game’s fallen short of his childhood dreams. K. Sparks can relate – in addition to handling the hook, he steps into the spotlight to spit verse two, making his point with the help of a few colorful metaphors: “This industry is full of sh*t like a toilet stall…” Despite the downbeat theme, the white-hot rhymes both emcees bring to the table make for one Outrageously dope collaborative cut. Those who like what they’re hearing can find this pensive jam, along with contributions from the Booth-approved likes of QuESt, ADD-2 and TreaZon (to name a few) on IAMASHLEYOUTRAGEOUS.com Presents: The Playlist (Vol. 1), available now online.
Written by richard on 02/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Time (Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.