No longer quite as full of good cheer as he was on his last Booth feature, recent reader favorite BOOGNIGHTS spends this standout cut off hip-hop blog Everything is Outrageous’ new compilation mixtape echoing a sentiment expressed by countless artists before him: Show Business just ain’t what it’s cracked up to be. Over Pajozo‘s lushly-sampled piano-synth-bell production, the Spring Hill emcee reflects on all the ways the rap game’s fallen short of his childhood dreams. K. Sparks can relate – in addition to handling the hook, he steps into the spotlight to spit verse two, making his point with the help of a few colorful metaphors: “This industry is full of sh*t like a toilet stall…” Despite the downbeat theme, the white-hot rhymes both emcees bring to the table make for one Outrageously dope collaborative cut. Those who like what they’re hearing can find this pensive jam, along with contributions from the Booth-approved likes of QuESt, ADD-2 and TreaZon (to name a few) on IAMASHLEYOUTRAGEOUS.com Presents: The Playlist (Vol. 1), available now online.
Written by richard on 02/18/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Time (Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.