Like Frank Sinatra and Sid Vicious before him, Booth newcomer Boobe doesn’t give a damn what anyone thinks about him – at the end of the day, he simply wants to be able to say with pride, “I did it My Way. After all, you don’t end up with a stage name like “Boobe” – which, according to the artist’s self-shout-out in the intro, is indeed pronounced “boobie” – by paying heed to common wisdom. But I digress; this joint, the latest album leak from the Oy Boyz member and D.C. native, is as dope an endorsement of nonconformity as hip-hop heads could ask for. Backed by the lush, piano-led production of the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, Boobe gives fans a window into the daily activities of his carefree lifestyle – from popping bottles with models at the local club, to indulging in stuffed shrimp, to disobeying traffic laws in his luxurious ride. Fellow DMV representative Raheem DeVaughn puts the finishing touches on the cut, lending his smooth vocals to the chorus and bridge. Like what you’re hearing? If so, you can keep it locked for the latest on Boobe’s Sounds Like a Cadillac LP, currently set to drop in late 2010/early-2011.
Written by richard on 10/5/10
Oy Boyz Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.