You know I’ll never lie to you, so honestly, I’m not so sure about the new sound rap icons Bone Thugs-N-Harmony seem to be going after. Like they did on the previously-featured Vegas (which sparked some intense debate in the Booth), the Bone Thugs are going after a distinctly electronic sound on their new offering Gone. Those of us who have been banging Bone Thugs since they were doing it for the love of money will no doubt be taken aback by Gone’s sparkling, Akon-esque production, courtesy of producer Fatboi, and while the Bone Thugs lyrically take a moment to look back on their long careers, Crossroads feels a long, long way off. Then again, maybe this is exactly what they need to do to attract younger fans. So Booth readers, now it’s up to you. Are the Bone Thugs almost gone, or do they still have a bright future ahead of them? We’ll find out for sure when BTNH’s new album Uni:5 The World’s Enemy finally drops on April 27.
Listen to More: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Written by Nathan S.
BNTH Worldwide/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Still No Surrender" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!