You know I’ll never lie to you, so honestly, I’m not so sure about the new sound rap icons Bone Thugs-N-Harmony seem to be going after. Like they did on the previously-featured Vegas (which sparked some intense debate in the Booth), the Bone Thugs are going after a distinctly electronic sound on their new offering Gone. Those of us who have been banging Bone Thugs since they were doing it for the love of money will no doubt be taken aback by Gone’s sparkling, Akon-esque production, courtesy of producer Fatboi, and while the Bone Thugs lyrically take a moment to look back on their long careers, Crossroads feels a long, long way off. Then again, maybe this is exactly what they need to do to attract younger fans. So Booth readers, now it’s up to you. Are the Bone Thugs almost gone, or do they still have a bright future ahead of them? We’ll find out for sure when BTNH’s new album Uni:5 The World’s Enemy finally drops on April 27.
Listen to More: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
Written by Nathan S. on 03/10/10
Submit your Rating
BNTH Worldwide/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Still No Surrender" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.