You know I’ll never lie to you, so honestly, I’m not so sure about the new sound rap icons Bone Thugs-N-Harmony seem to be going after. Like they did on the previously-featured Vegas (which sparked some intense debate in the Booth), the Bone Thugs are going after a distinctly electronic sound on their new offering Gone. Those of us who have been banging Bone Thugs since they were doing it for the love of money will no doubt be taken aback by Gone’s sparkling, Akon-esque production, courtesy of producer Fatboi, and while the Bone Thugs lyrically take a moment to look back on their long careers, Crossroads feels a long, long way off. Then again, maybe this is exactly what they need to do to attract younger fans. So Booth readers, now it’s up to you. Are the Bone Thugs almost gone, or do they still have a bright future ahead of them? We’ll find out for sure when BTNH’s new album Uni:5 The World’s Enemy finally drops on April 27.
Listen to More: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Written by Nathan S.
BNTH Worldwide/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Still No Surrender" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.