New Def Jam signee bONE uses his first DJBooth feature Home Gurl (Remix) to examine Obama’s health care reform bill, examining its potential implications for spiraling pharmaceutical costs. Sorry, I’m just messing with you. Actually, bONE spends most of Home Gurl rhyming about his c**k. The original Home Gurl had become a bit of a sensation thanks to an addictive beat by JB (see This Is Why I’m Hot, Pop Lock & Drop It, etc.) and some not even remotely family friendly verses from bONE, so it was only natural that some big names (pun intended) got recruited for the remix, starting with Ricky Ross, who delivers an average verse, Bun B, who kills it, and The-Dream, who drops one of the most disappointing performances of his career. This is definitely one of those love it or hate it tracks, so which one will it be Booth nation? bONE’s debut album is currently untitled and unscheduled, but I think we can expect much more entertainingly obscene hip-hop from the young Dirty South rapper soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/25/10
Submit your Rating
Citi Under Seige/Redzone Records/Def Jam
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.