Many aspiring emcees have tried their luck in the cutthroat music industry, only to find that they couldn’t take the heat. An H-Town repper whose will to succeed was forged amidst hardship and struggle, Bonda isn’t the type to melt under pressure. Trakksounds handles production duties on lead LP single Flames, flipping a poignant sample from blues singer Charles Bradley’s The World (Is Going Up in Flames) as the artist pledges to persevere in spite of the haters, and any other obstacles he might encounter in his grind towards the top. Tentatively scheduled for release this summer, the album to which this cut is attached has yet to receive a title. Stay tuned for further details on the set, as well as all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 03/26/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.