Many aspiring emcees have tried their luck in the cutthroat music industry, only to find that they couldn’t take the heat. An H-Town repper whose will to succeed was forged amidst hardship and struggle, Bonda isn’t the type to melt under pressure. Trakksounds handles production duties on lead LP single Flames, flipping a poignant sample from blues singer Charles Bradley’s The World (Is Going Up in Flames) as the artist pledges to persevere in spite of the haters, and any other obstacles he might encounter in his grind towards the top. Tentatively scheduled for release this summer, the album to which this cut is attached has yet to receive a title. Stay tuned for further details on the set, as well as all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 03/26/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.