When you see a song called Snow Blowers by an artist like Boldy James, featuring L.E.P. Bogus Boy Count and production from Chuck Inglish (of The Cool Kids), I think it’s safe to assume that the track is going to have a bass heavy beat and street worthy rhymes. Well, after just a few seconds of Snow Blowers, which can be found on James’ new project Consignment: Favor for A Favor, all your preconceived notions are proven right. Inglish, one of the more unheralded producers in hip-hop, drops a dark and brooding backdrop for each respective emcee to reveal why their whole neighborhood knows them. Count discusses the pain of a familial issue, saying that kicking it in the studio with Inglish is his remedy, while James talks about money that’s owed to him and the code of a gangster in the streets. James voice and style are both very similar to fellow Midwesterner Freddie Gibbs - only time will tell if the game will allow two artists cut from such a similar cloth. In the meantime, break out your shovels and rev up the snow blower…
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.