When you see a song called Snow Blowers by an artist like Boldy James, featuring L.E.P. Bogus Boy Count and production from Chuck Inglish (of The Cool Kids), I think it’s safe to assume that the track is going to have a bass heavy beat and street worthy rhymes. Well, after just a few seconds of Snow Blowers, which can be found on James’ new project Consignment: Favor for A Favor, all your preconceived notions are proven right. Inglish, one of the more unheralded producers in hip-hop, drops a dark and brooding backdrop for each respective emcee to reveal why their whole neighborhood knows them. Count discusses the pain of a familial issue, saying that kicking it in the studio with Inglish is his remedy, while James talks about money that’s owed to him and the code of a gangster in the streets. James voice and style are both very similar to fellow Midwesterner Freddie Gibbs - only time will tell if the game will allow two artists cut from such a similar cloth. In the meantime, break out your shovels and rev up the snow blower…
Written by JC Poppe on 03/1/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.