When you see a song called Snow Blowers by an artist like Boldy James, featuring L.E.P. Bogus Boy Count and production from Chuck Inglish (of The Cool Kids), I think it’s safe to assume that the track is going to have a bass heavy beat and street worthy rhymes. Well, after just a few seconds of Snow Blowers, which can be found on James’ new project Consignment: Favor for A Favor, all your preconceived notions are proven right. Inglish, one of the more unheralded producers in hip-hop, drops a dark and brooding backdrop for each respective emcee to reveal why their whole neighborhood knows them. Count discusses the pain of a familial issue, saying that kicking it in the studio with Inglish is his remedy, while James talks about money that’s owed to him and the code of a gangster in the streets. James voice and style are both very similar to fellow Midwesterner Freddie Gibbs - only time will tell if the game will allow two artists cut from such a similar cloth. In the meantime, break out your shovels and rev up the snow blower…
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!