Those looking forward to Boldy James’s upcoming project, My 1st Chemistry Set (produced entirely by Alchemist), will be excited to get their ears on Reform School. As eager as you might be to hear some dope rhymes over a dope instrumental, Boldy isn’t alone in his hunger to crush Alchemist’s legendary production. Which is why the headliner has brought along a trio of guests to help him blaze this record’s ominous and airy, yet powerful boardwork. Alongside Boldy’s slurred, booming flow, Da$h, Odd Future’s Earl Sweatshirt and Domo Genesis turn in grimier, more assertive performances than we are used to hearing from them. My 1st Chemistry Set is due out next Tuesday via DECON, but if you need more now, you can always check out the artist’s last Booth feature, Moochie.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.