Those looking forward to Boldy James’s upcoming project, My 1st Chemistry Set (produced entirely by Alchemist), will be excited to get their ears on Reform School. As eager as you might be to hear some dope rhymes over a dope instrumental, Boldy isn’t alone in his hunger to crush Alchemist’s legendary production. Which is why the headliner has brought along a trio of guests to help him blaze this record’s ominous and airy, yet powerful boardwork. Alongside Boldy’s slurred, booming flow, Da$h, Odd Future’s Earl Sweatshirt and Domo Genesis turn in grimier, more assertive performances than we are used to hearing from them. My 1st Chemistry Set is due out next Tuesday via DECON, but if you need more now, you can always check out the artist’s last Booth feature, Moochie.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.