Last week, Boldy James unleashed his latest mixtape, Jammin’ 30: In the Morning. Most rappers would take a project release of that magnitude as license to kick back and relax for a minute, but the Motown buzzmaker clearly ain’t “most rappers.” Not only is he currently on tour supporting Mobb Deep, but he just announced his debut studio album—and released the lead single. Premiered earlier today on Fader, Moochie is a grimy street banger par excellence. Project collaborator The Alchemist‘s dissonant bells, ominous bassline and subtle strings set a tension-fraught mood as the artist gives us a crash course in his idiosyncratic street lexicon. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for further singles leading up to the October 15, release of Boldy James’s DECON debut album, My 1st Chemistry Set.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Boldy James’ Gerard Victor-directed Moochie visual.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.