Last week, Boldy James unleashed his latest mixtape, Jammin’ 30: In the Morning. Most rappers would take a project release of that magnitude as license to kick back and relax for a minute, but the Motown buzzmaker clearly ain’t “most rappers.” Not only is he currently on tour supporting Mobb Deep, but he just announced his debut studio album—and released the lead single. Premiered earlier today on Fader, Moochie is a grimy street banger par excellence. Project collaborator The Alchemist‘s dissonant bells, ominous bassline and subtle strings set a tension-fraught mood as the artist gives us a crash course in his idiosyncratic street lexicon. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for further singles leading up to the October 15, release of Boldy James’s DECON debut album, My 1st Chemistry Set.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Boldy James’ Gerard Victor-directed Moochie visual.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.