Last week, Boldy James unleashed his latest mixtape, Jammin’ 30: In the Morning. Most rappers would take a project release of that magnitude as license to kick back and relax for a minute, but the Motown buzzmaker clearly ain’t “most rappers.” Not only is he currently on tour supporting Mobb Deep, but he just announced his debut studio album—and released the lead single. Premiered earlier today on Fader, Moochie is a grimy street banger par excellence. Project collaborator The Alchemist‘s dissonant bells, ominous bassline and subtle strings set a tension-fraught mood as the artist gives us a crash course in his idiosyncratic street lexicon. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for further singles leading up to the October 15, release of Boldy James’s DECON debut album, My 1st Chemistry Set.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Boldy James’ Gerard Victor-directed Moochie visual.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Sometimes it can feel like artists move through the world in their own bubble, orbiting around each other but never touching, especially in hip-hop when biting and copying is a cardinal sin. But the truth is, music...
Motown buzzmaker Boldy James has unveiled his debut independent full-length, My 1st Chemistry Set, via DECON. Coming on the heels of September's Jammin’ 30: In the Morning mixtape, the set packs a total of 14 original...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.