Detroit repper Boldy James may be “...on the road to destruction” but, on the positive tip, he’s doing so in a fly-looking whip. On new mixtape single Hubcaps (Holdin’ On), the C.A.K.E Recordings signee offers his take on life in the fast lane, flowing over the cinematic production of Blended Babies (with instrumental support from Chi-town funk-rockers The O’Mys). For more, check out James’ Consignment street album when it hits the ‘net for free download in October.
Written by richard on 08/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.