Oftentimes, the term “Goose Egg” is used to mean zero, zip, zilch, nada—a void where there should be something of value. On Boldy James’ latest promo single, however, the Motown repper is referring to just the opposite: something which turns out to be worth far more than originally expected. Taking inspiration from Aesop’s fable of the goose that laid the golden eggs, James boasts of his ability to turn a few simple ingredients—baking soda, water, and a little bit of powder—to an even more powerful, addictive and lucrative end product. M. Stacks mans the mixing boards, cooking up a smooth, sampled backdrop for the rhymesayer’s street lyricism. This record is just a loosie, but those fiending for more fresh material from Boldy James are encouraged to check out his Grand Quarters EP, released last week for purchase on iTunes and available for free streaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.