Oftentimes, the term “Goose Egg” is used to mean zero, zip, zilch, nada—a void where there should be something of value. On Boldy James’ latest promo single, however, the Motown repper is referring to just the opposite: something which turns out to be worth far more than originally expected. Taking inspiration from Aesop’s fable of the goose that laid the golden eggs, James boasts of his ability to turn a few simple ingredients—baking soda, water, and a little bit of powder—to an even more powerful, addictive and lucrative end product. M. Stacks mans the mixing boards, cooking up a smooth, sampled backdrop for the rhymesayer’s street lyricism. This record is just a loosie, but those fiending for more fresh material from Boldy James are encouraged to check out his Grand Quarters EP, released last week for purchase on iTunes and available for free streaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.