Oftentimes, the term “Goose Egg” is used to mean zero, zip, zilch, nada—a void where there should be something of value. On Boldy James’ latest promo single, however, the Motown repper is referring to just the opposite: something which turns out to be worth far more than originally expected. Taking inspiration from Aesop’s fable of the goose that laid the golden eggs, James boasts of his ability to turn a few simple ingredients—baking soda, water, and a little bit of powder—to an even more powerful, addictive and lucrative end product. M. Stacks mans the mixing boards, cooking up a smooth, sampled backdrop for the rhymesayer’s street lyricism. This record is just a loosie, but those fiending for more fresh material from Boldy James are encouraged to check out his Grand Quarters EP, released last week for purchase on iTunes and available for free streaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.