Oftentimes, the term “Goose Egg” is used to mean zero, zip, zilch, nada—a void where there should be something of value. On Boldy James’ latest promo single, however, the Motown repper is referring to just the opposite: something which turns out to be worth far more than originally expected. Taking inspiration from Aesop’s fable of the goose that laid the golden eggs, James boasts of his ability to turn a few simple ingredients—baking soda, water, and a little bit of powder—to an even more powerful, addictive and lucrative end product. M. Stacks mans the mixing boards, cooking up a smooth, sampled backdrop for the rhymesayer’s street lyricism. This record is just a loosie, but those fiending for more fresh material from Boldy James are encouraged to check out his Grand Quarters EP, released last week for purchase on iTunes and available for free streaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.