Oftentimes, the term “Goose Egg” is used to mean zero, zip, zilch, nada—a void where there should be something of value. On Boldy James’ latest promo single, however, the Motown repper is referring to just the opposite: something which turns out to be worth far more than originally expected. Taking inspiration from Aesop’s fable of the goose that laid the golden eggs, James boasts of his ability to turn a few simple ingredients—baking soda, water, and a little bit of powder—to an even more powerful, addictive and lucrative end product. M. Stacks mans the mixing boards, cooking up a smooth, sampled backdrop for the rhymesayer’s street lyricism. This record is just a loosie, but those fiending for more fresh material from Boldy James are encouraged to check out his Grand Quarters EP, released last week for purchase on iTunes and available for free streaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/12/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.