Although Detroit rapper Boldy James is calling Go Fish on his newest record, I highly doubt that he’s one for childish card games. While Go Fish was featured on the emcee’s Consignment: Favor For A Favor mixtape, released in February, he’s finally dropping off the visuals for the record with help from TheFader.com. The Black Day in July-produced song, which already flaunts a hypnotizing beat, takes on an almost trance-like feeling in the video as director Oliver Whitehouse combines footage of James and his crew with images of various, brightly-hued sea creatures. For more intriguing tunes from the Detroit rhymesayer check out Consignment: Favor For A Favor which is available for download on TheFader.com.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.