They say good things come to those who wait, so maybe it’s a good thing that we haven’t heard much from Boldy James since March’s Snow Blowers. He’s clearly taken that time to put together some serious music like new single For the Birds. Cool Kids producer Chuck Inglish takes up production duties, delivering a trademark minimalist beat that’s heavy on the snare, bass and not a whole lot more. That means the spotlight’s on Boldy’s slow paced and drug-reference heavy rhymes: “Man this shit is for the birds, and I need a brick.” (What, you thought James had dedicated an entire song to actual birds?) Those excited about Boldy’s return to our pages have a lot more to celebrate. He’ll be delivering a new video for Miss Jones soon, dropping off his Consignment: Favor For A Favor mixtape on Monday, June 11, and is featured on two records on J Dilla’s Rebirth of Detroit album dropping June 12. That’s a lot of goodness for not very much waiting, so kick off the festivities by pressing play on Birds now.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.