They say good things come to those who wait, so maybe it’s a good thing that we haven’t heard much from Boldy James since March’s Snow Blowers. He’s clearly taken that time to put together some serious music like new single For the Birds. Cool Kids producer Chuck Inglish takes up production duties, delivering a trademark minimalist beat that’s heavy on the snare, bass and not a whole lot more. That means the spotlight’s on Boldy’s slow paced and drug-reference heavy rhymes: “Man this shit is for the birds, and I need a brick.” (What, you thought James had dedicated an entire song to actual birds?) Those excited about Boldy’s return to our pages have a lot more to celebrate. He’ll be delivering a new video for Miss Jones soon, dropping off his Consignment: Favor For A Favor mixtape on Monday, June 11, and is featured on two records on J Dilla’s Rebirth of Detroit album dropping June 12. That’s a lot of goodness for not very much waiting, so kick off the festivities by pressing play on Birds now.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.