The life of a Concreature is filled with struggle and painful sacrifices but, for an enterprising hustler like Boldy James, the potential reward is worth the risk. Having covered the dark side of the street life on previous features, including last August’s Go Fish, the Motown representative switches gears to luxuriate in the fruits of his labors on Come Here, single numero uno off his commercial debut EP. Here, Block Beattaz’ synth-driven street boardwork serves as canvas for James’ lyrical portrait of high-rollerdom, with all the fly women, top-shelf liquors and designer clothes that implies. Previously heard spitting alongside Boldy James on A3C comp album inclusion Swisha, Peechie Green contributes guest bars. Grand Quarters is scheduled to drop March 5, via Decon Records as the prelude to an Alchemist-produced debut LP due out later this year.
Written by richard on 02/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.