The life of a Concreature is filled with struggle and painful sacrifices but, for an enterprising hustler like Boldy James, the potential reward is worth the risk. Having covered the dark side of the street life on previous features, including last August’s Go Fish, the Motown representative switches gears to luxuriate in the fruits of his labors on Come Here, single numero uno off his commercial debut EP. Here, Block Beattaz’ synth-driven street boardwork serves as canvas for James’ lyrical portrait of high-rollerdom, with all the fly women, top-shelf liquors and designer clothes that implies. Previously heard spitting alongside Boldy James on A3C comp album inclusion Swisha, Peechie Green contributes guest bars. Grand Quarters is scheduled to drop March 5, via Decon Records as the prelude to an Alchemist-produced debut LP due out later this year.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.