The life of a Concreature is filled with struggle and painful sacrifices but, for an enterprising hustler like Boldy James, the potential reward is worth the risk. Having covered the dark side of the street life on previous features, including last August’s Go Fish, the Motown representative switches gears to luxuriate in the fruits of his labors on Come Here, single numero uno off his commercial debut EP. Here, Block Beattaz’ synth-driven street boardwork serves as canvas for James’ lyrical portrait of high-rollerdom, with all the fly women, top-shelf liquors and designer clothes that implies. Previously heard spitting alongside Boldy James on A3C comp album inclusion Swisha, Peechie Green contributes guest bars. Grand Quarters is scheduled to drop March 5, via Decon Records as the prelude to an Alchemist-produced debut LP due out later this year.
Written by richard on 02/10/13
Detroit native Boldy James has released a brand new EP, titled Grand Quarters. The six-track project follows last year's acclaimed mixtape, Consignment: Favor For A Favor, which turned heads at indie label Decon. Included on...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.