The life of a Concreature is filled with struggle and painful sacrifices but, for an enterprising hustler like Boldy James, the potential reward is worth the risk. Having covered the dark side of the street life on previous features, including last August’s Go Fish, the Motown representative switches gears to luxuriate in the fruits of his labors on Come Here, single numero uno off his commercial debut EP. Here, Block Beattaz’ synth-driven street boardwork serves as canvas for James’ lyrical portrait of high-rollerdom, with all the fly women, top-shelf liquors and designer clothes that implies. Previously heard spitting alongside Boldy James on A3C comp album inclusion Swisha, Peechie Green contributes guest bars. Grand Quarters is scheduled to drop March 5, via Decon Records as the prelude to an Alchemist-produced debut LP due out later this year.
Written by richard on 02/10/13
Detroit native Boldy James has released a brand new EP, titled Grand Quarters. The six-track project follows last year's acclaimed mixtape, Consignment: Favor For A Favor, which turned heads at indie label Decon. Included on...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.