The life of a Concreature is filled with struggle and painful sacrifices but, for an enterprising hustler like Boldy James, the potential reward is worth the risk. Having covered the dark side of the street life on previous features, including last August’s Go Fish, the Motown representative switches gears to luxuriate in the fruits of his labors on Come Here, single numero uno off his commercial debut EP. Here, Block Beattaz’ synth-driven street boardwork serves as canvas for James’ lyrical portrait of high-rollerdom, with all the fly women, top-shelf liquors and designer clothes that implies. Previously heard spitting alongside Boldy James on A3C comp album inclusion Swisha, Peechie Green contributes guest bars. Grand Quarters is scheduled to drop March 5, via Decon Records as the prelude to an Alchemist-produced debut LP due out later this year.
Written by richard on 02/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)