Boldy James might just be the hungriest rapper in the game today. And I don’t just mean that in the sense that he’s determined to succeed—somebody needs to get the man a bag of Fritos, stat. On gritty new promo single Chirps, the Motown repper takes hip-hop’s illustrious tradition of food-related slang to its logical extreme, chronicling his day-too-day hustle in bars which the uninitiated might assume were inspired by the snack aisle at his local convenience store. His block talk comes backed by the synth-laced street boardwork of Big Duke, who incorporates samples from 2009 Ice Cube/Mike Epps comedy The Janky Promoters on the intro and hook. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans will want to keep it locked for the latest on James’ forthcoming debut album, M.1.C.S.. Produced in full by The Alchemist, the set is scheduled for release this coming fall.
Written by richard on 05/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.