Boldy James might just be the hungriest rapper in the game today. And I don’t just mean that in the sense that he’s determined to succeed—somebody needs to get the man a bag of Fritos, stat. On gritty new promo single Chirps, the Motown repper takes hip-hop’s illustrious tradition of food-related slang to its logical extreme, chronicling his day-too-day hustle in bars which the uninitiated might assume were inspired by the snack aisle at his local convenience store. His block talk comes backed by the synth-laced street boardwork of Big Duke, who incorporates samples from 2009 Ice Cube/Mike Epps comedy The Janky Promoters on the intro and hook. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans will want to keep it locked for the latest on James’ forthcoming debut album, M.1.C.S.. Produced in full by The Alchemist, the set is scheduled for release this coming fall.
Written by richard on 05/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.