Describing their mission in the game, Brooklyn-based crew Body Language state, “Our world still exists in an indie-disco bubble; we’re just pushing the limits of every genre to a point where the bubble’s about to pop.” Why would they want to do that, you ask? I have no f**king clue—maybe they’re trying to strike it rich by short-selling indie-disco stock before the bubble bursts. Whatever insidious scheme they’ve concocted, their methods result in some quality tunes. Case in point: I’m a Mess, an EP single which has been re-purposed for inclusion on the group’s next studio album. Here, the mellow electronic grooves of producers Matthew Young & Grant Wheeler coalesce with Matthew Dear and Angelica‘s dreamy soul vocals to form a finished product as ear-pleasing as it is eclectic. Interest piqued? In addition to copping Body Language’s Grammar EP, out now via Lavish Habits, you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for further details on their forthcoming LP of the same title.
Written by richard on 11/12/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.