Describing their mission in the game, Brooklyn-based crew Body Language state, “Our world still exists in an indie-disco bubble; we’re just pushing the limits of every genre to a point where the bubble’s about to pop.” Why would they want to do that, you ask? I have no f**king clue—maybe they’re trying to strike it rich by short-selling indie-disco stock before the bubble bursts. Whatever insidious scheme they’ve concocted, their methods result in some quality tunes. Case in point: I’m a Mess, an EP single which has been re-purposed for inclusion on the group’s next studio album. Here, the mellow electronic grooves of producers Matthew Young & Grant Wheeler coalesce with Matthew Dear and Angelica‘s dreamy soul vocals to form a finished product as ear-pleasing as it is eclectic. Interest piqued? In addition to copping Body Language’s Grammar EP, out now via Lavish Habits, you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for further details on their forthcoming LP of the same title.
Written by richard on 11/12/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.