Let’s take a trip down to the trap, shall we kids? Today we’re following Bodega BAMZ on his journey to a trap cathedral where he prays to the trap lord in earnest. On Say Amen, he’s joined by A$AP Ferg, who offers both lyrical assistance and spiritual guidance as at trap lord high order priest. There are no organs or hymns at trap church - only bone rattling basslines, rapid hi-hat sequences and distant chanting, courtesy of JohnBoy Beats. Bodega spits a double-time flow that lays out the events of the life he has built for himself - but will it be his ultimate downfall in the end? Say Amen appears on his mixtape, Strictly 4 My P.A.P.I.Z., which dropped last fall. Be sure to also check out his February DJBooth feature, NAVY, and stay woke in the trap.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 03/19/13
Submit your Rating
Duck Down/100 Keep It
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hot Like 95" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.