I could sit here and write that I was
praying hoping that NAVY, Bodega Bamz’ latest single, did not feature a sample of the Village People’s In The Navy, but then I would be lying straight to your face (or computer screen). While it doesn’t appear that Bamz will become an honorary member of the group, you won’t be too disappointed, as the underground emcee absolutely decimates the original, non-Village People based production from P On The Boards. The Spanish Harlem emcee’s enraged flow commands your attention as he provides a timeline of his criminal ways, which is just one of the many topics covered from his ruthless, brash perspective. NAVY isn’t setting sail as part of a larger project, but while you drop anchor and wait for more, peep Bamz’ last Booth feature, 100 Keep It.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/8/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.