I could sit here and write that I was
praying hoping that NAVY, Bodega Bamz’ latest single, did not feature a sample of the Village People’s In The Navy, but then I would be lying straight to your face (or computer screen). While it doesn’t appear that Bamz will become an honorary member of the group, you won’t be too disappointed, as the underground emcee absolutely decimates the original, non-Village People based production from P On The Boards. The Spanish Harlem emcee’s enraged flow commands your attention as he provides a timeline of his criminal ways, which is just one of the many topics covered from his ruthless, brash perspective. NAVY isn’t setting sail as part of a larger project, but while you drop anchor and wait for more, peep Bamz’ last Booth feature, 100 Keep It.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/8/13
Submit your Rating
Duck Down/100 Keep It
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hot Like 95" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.