Several weeks ago, DJ Booth exclusively revealed that Bobby V had left his recording contract at DTP and Def Jam. Instead of waiting around for a new recording contract to pop up, the Atlanta-born crooner has gone the independent route and will release his next two projects without the pressure of major label demands or radio-play politics. As apart of his “appetizer,” a six-song EP entitled Come With Me, V has redone the classic Marvin Gaye song, What’s Going On. “I feel like a lot of artists really are not talkin’ about the issues,” says V. Over a simple acoustic guitar, courtesy of co-producer Bill Jabr, the singer discusses the problems plaguing today’s society. Interestingly enough, the downward spiral of the music industry wasn’t among them.
Written by DJ Z on 04/27/08
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)