Several weeks ago, DJ Booth exclusively revealed that Bobby V had left his recording contract at DTP and Def Jam. Instead of waiting around for a new recording contract to pop up, the Atlanta-born crooner has gone the independent route and will release his next two projects without the pressure of major label demands or radio-play politics. As apart of his “appetizer,” a six-song EP entitled Come With Me, V has redone the classic Marvin Gaye song, What’s Going On. “I feel like a lot of artists really are not talkin’ about the issues,” says V. Over a simple acoustic guitar, courtesy of co-producer Bill Jabr, the singer discusses the problems plaguing today’s society. Interestingly enough, the downward spiral of the music industry wasn’t among them.
Written by DJ Z on 04/27/08
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.