Several weeks ago, DJ Booth exclusively revealed that Bobby V had left his recording contract at DTP and Def Jam. Instead of waiting around for a new recording contract to pop up, the Atlanta-born crooner has gone the independent route and will release his next two projects without the pressure of major label demands or radio-play politics. As apart of his “appetizer,” a six-song EP entitled Come With Me, V has redone the classic Marvin Gaye song, What’s Going On. “I feel like a lot of artists really are not talkin’ about the issues,” says V. Over a simple acoustic guitar, courtesy of co-producer Bill Jabr, the singer discusses the problems plaguing today’s society. Interestingly enough, the downward spiral of the music industry wasn’t among them.
Written by DJ Z on 04/27/08
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.