There are only a few certainties in hip-hop: A Jay-Z album will be a hit, DJ Khaled will scream every chance he gets, and people will listen to any track featuring Nicki Minaj that contains the word “stilettos.” Regardless of how you feel about her rhyme skills, Nicki is the most talked about (and lusted after) woman in the game, a fact that former DTP crooner turned independent grinder Bobby V uses to full effect on his new single Stilettos & T-Shirt. Produced by Fat Boi, who delivers a synth-centric, riding and appropriately catchy beat, Bobby V uses Stilettos to craft an r&b/pop jam that builds on The-Dream’s sex-meets-radio blueprint. For his part Bobby delivers exactly the kind of entertaining performance the track requires, but I’ve got a feeling most of the comments are going to be about Nicki’s less-than-memorable verse. Then again, I’ve been wrong before. Stilettos & T-Shirt is the new single off Bobby’s upcoming album Fly on the Wall, set to drop “soon.” (What does “soon” mean? Your guess is as good as mine.)
Written by Nathan S. on 02/28/10
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.