There are only a few certainties in hip-hop: A Jay-Z album will be a hit, DJ Khaled will scream every chance he gets, and people will listen to any track featuring Nicki Minaj that contains the word “stilettos.” Regardless of how you feel about her rhyme skills, Nicki is the most talked about (and lusted after) woman in the game, a fact that former DTP crooner turned independent grinder Bobby V uses to full effect on his new single Stilettos & T-Shirt. Produced by Fat Boi, who delivers a synth-centric, riding and appropriately catchy beat, Bobby V uses Stilettos to craft an r&b/pop jam that builds on The-Dream’s sex-meets-radio blueprint. For his part Bobby delivers exactly the kind of entertaining performance the track requires, but I’ve got a feeling most of the comments are going to be about Nicki’s less-than-memorable verse. Then again, I’ve been wrong before. Stilettos & T-Shirt is the new single off Bobby’s upcoming album Fly on the Wall, set to drop “soon.” (What does “soon” mean? Your guess is as good as mine.)
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.