There are only a few certainties in hip-hop: A Jay-Z album will be a hit, DJ Khaled will scream every chance he gets, and people will listen to any track featuring Nicki Minaj that contains the word “stilettos.” Regardless of how you feel about her rhyme skills, Nicki is the most talked about (and lusted after) woman in the game, a fact that former DTP crooner turned independent grinder Bobby V uses to full effect on his new single Stilettos & T-Shirt. Produced by Fat Boi, who delivers a synth-centric, riding and appropriately catchy beat, Bobby V uses Stilettos to craft an r&b/pop jam that builds on The-Dream’s sex-meets-radio blueprint. For his part Bobby delivers exactly the kind of entertaining performance the track requires, but I’ve got a feeling most of the comments are going to be about Nicki’s less-than-memorable verse. Then again, I’ve been wrong before. Stilettos & T-Shirt is the new single off Bobby’s upcoming album Fly on the Wall, set to drop “soon.” (What does “soon” mean? Your guess is as good as mine.)
Written by Nathan S. on 02/28/10
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.