Butterfly Tattoo, the original follow-up to The Rebirth lead single Beep, earned a respectable three-star average when it hit the Booth back in mid-January, but Bobby V nonetheless seems to have had a change of heart—now, we are proud to present the real second single. Hands On Me finds the singer grappling with the toughest decision he’s faced since… well, since he had to choose a second single: surrender himself to the charms of a touchy-feely shorty at the club, or stay true to his current girl and head home. While Bobby V struggles to resist temptation, LOS Da Mystro serves up another synth-driven slow-jam instrumental, this time throwing some unique percussion into the mix. Since the record ends on a cliffhanger, we can only hope that V made the right choice and stuck to his guns—as for the single switch, it’s up to you, the readers, to decide whether it was for the best.
Written by richard on 02/26/09
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.